25 January 2012

My First Post

    Hello and welcome to my blog, 'Looking for the Truth in the Political Wilderness'.

   Why is it always hard to write the first line after the introduction? It just is, I guess. So, having got that out of the way let me just start by outlining what will be the pillars that my blog will be built on.

    Firstly, this will not be a blog that you can rely on for it's regularity. I will be posting here as and when my life allows me the luxury.  I will however endeavour to make daily contributions, in one shape or another, on a daily basis.  This may be as simple as my posting my Tweets for the day, posting a long form written piece, posting some videos which I wish to share, or some articles that I have read, which I may or may not comment upon, or cartoons that I have found amusing or relevant.  I would love it if you felt like commenting about any of this.

   Secondly, I will be all for freewheeling back and forth.  I will, however, not be the slightest bit interested in flame wars, ad hominem attacks on me or other posters, or personal attacks on politicians. Such contributions will be gone in the blink of an eye. Go speak ill about me and others on other blogs. Now, hypocritically as it may seem, but I will feel free to make negative comments about people who are part of the political scene because it may be that I perceive that what that particular person is doing is having a negative effect on the political conversation and I may have a theory as to why, which may look to some like a personal attack. Rest assured, it will only be because I think that it adds to the discussion.

   Now, on with the show!


  

4 comments:

  1. Hillbilly Skeleton

    Congratulations on the launch of your new blog. May it have a long and prosperous life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On behalf of 2353, I will transpose his question placed on TPS for you.

    FS if you're reading this I would love to comment on your blog but don't want to use Google/Wordpress etc accounts to do so - do you have an option like Grog does (who uses the same software) for readers to be able to type in a name/email address?

    ReplyDelete
  3. NormanK,
    Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. As to your question on behalf of 2353, I'll have to get back to you on that one, after I have asked D Mick Weir! He's helping me. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HS
    That D Mick Weir is a nice boy, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete